The Regenerative Medicine Division of Cellthera, Ltd. developed a unique treatment strategy for degenerative osteoarthritis (commonly called also “arthrosis” or “joint arthritis”) and related orthopedic diseases/conditions. We are able to use your own (autologous) stem and regenerative cells that are located in so called stromal vascular fraction (SVF) of your fat (adipose tissue). Adipose tissue from the abdomen is easily accessible and can be obtained in local anesthesia by standard tumescent liposuction. SVF cells are isolated and getting activated in a specialized extraclean lab that is certified by the State Institute for Drug Control of the Czech Republic according to the highest European standards for tissue and cell processing. Freshly isolated SVF cells are injected immediately to the connective tissue of target joint(s) suffering from osteoarthritis. We can treat several joints at one procedure. The patient spend only 3-4 hours at the Cellthera Clinic. Recovery after the procedure to normal physical activity is very fast within days to weeks. Patients can enjoy much better quality of life including relief from joint pain and improved joint mobility after this cell therapy procedure.
What Patient need to do before coming to Cellthera Clinic:
- see if you qualify for stem cell therapy at Cellthera Clinic – Inclusion/Exclusion Criteria are bellow;
- ask your physician or general practitioner for general medical examination before liposuction including evaluation of bleeding disorder or blood cloth disorder;
- prepare X-ray of target joints;
- send request for stem cell therapy to Cellthera Clinic.
- you can also ask your medical facilitator for assistance with lodging and travel to and from Brno, Czech Republic.
Inclusion Criteria for stem cell therapy of orthopedic conditions:
- 18 years of age and older
- degenerative joint osteoarthritis of 1-4 large joints or up to 8 other joints including hip, knee, shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand, ankle, foot causing clinical symptoms such as joint pain, decreased joint mobility or significant functional disability verified by clinical examination and X-ray;
- osteochondropathy, osteochondrosis dissecans;
- tendinopathy, tendinitis;
- no significant joint deformity;
- failure of conservative management.
Exclusion Criteria for stem cell therapy:
- active inflammatory or infectious disease;
- severe cardiac, pulmonary or other systemic disease;
- history of cancer and its treatment including chemotherapy and/or radiotherapy within the past 12 months;
- use of corticosteroid drugs within the past 4 weeks;
- health condition (including known allergy to local anesthetic drug) that does not allow to perform liposuction in local anesthesia;
- pregnancy or lactation;
- previous total joint arthroplasty of target joint.